Friday, May 23, 2008

18 Weeks-First Ultrasound!

We had our first ultrasound today and it went very well. Despite my very full bladder, which they kept asking me if I wanted to empty cause they could see how full it was on the screen...The tech and doctor said that everything looks really good. The size of all the body parts measure about six days smaller than gestational age, but they say that is no cause for concern. Baby U weights about 8 oz. right now.

And....they were able to tell us within 5 seconds after the goo went on my tummy that...IT'S A BOY!!!!

3 comments:

j said...

Nephew! So. Excited. And I'm glad he's a healthy one.

Mama Rhi said...

Me too! I was a little anxious since we didn't get an ultra sound until half-way. I think your brother is really proud of himself for making a boy to carry on the Updenkelder name :D

studio wellspring said...

yay ~ so exciting! congrats on a lil boy uppy! i love that this is happening in tandem for us . . . . such great fortune we have!