Today at work was pretty busy. We were down a phlebotomist, and by the end of the day I had done more draws/patients than I usually do. Well, in the afternoon I started getting more frequent contractions. I've had days where I get three an hour. I usually have many throughout the day. According to "what to expect," braxton hicks are not strong and efficient enough to deliver a baby; however, they say you should call your doctor if you have more than 4 in one hour.
Well, this afternoon, I started paying attention to the time, because they seemed a little close together. When I had 5 in 45 minutes, I called and asked the nurse at my clinic. She advised me to drink 3 big glasses of water and sit down for awhile, and call back if they didn't go away. I gulped me down lots of water and took about a 20 minute break.
They became less intense (they don't hurt exactly, but some are pretty uncomfortable), and more spaced out, although they are continuing. I am continuing to drink water, and am relaxing on the couch since Matt has been awesome enough to make me dinner and even do some cleaning up around the house :) When I say they are continuing, that sometimes means a whole hour between them, earlier they were as close as 9 minutes.
I was feeling pretty anxious at work, just waiting to see if drinking water would help, since I do know that dehydration can start contractions (as can ignoring your bladder). I called and told Matt, who was smart enough to take it calmly and not freak me out more by being concerned. I feel much better now, but quite tired from work and being anxious. I definitely don't feel like they are getting "worse" so unless they continue with any kind of frequency tomorrow, I will just rest and then we will talk about it at our appointment on Friday. Tyler has continued moving, but doesn't seem to moving frantically, so I definitely don't think he is in distress. Don't worry, I'm not afraid to call again or go in to the hospital if it seems worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment