Friday, September 26, 2008

Progress!

I had another appointment yesterday and it was one of the most exciting if not THE most exciting one I've/we've had so far! I got tested for Strep B, (this is not the exciting part I promise...) which they do to everyone and if you have it, they just give you IV antibiotics during labor to make sure the baby isn't affected even though only about 20% of babies would have a hard time dealing with this bacteria. Just depends on how developed their immune systems are, but they go for a safe rather than sorry approach that covers everyone. That was easy, just a little swab action. I got to see the midwife that took care of us during our pre-term labor scare, and I think she is definitely my favorite, fingers crossed that she will be on-call when I go into real labor! She is really happy that after our little scare, he has held out this long. Tyler is around 5 pounds now, my uterus is 35 inches (still running a tad small) and we are 1cm dilated! My cervix has moved forward and is "in-line" with the birth canal and has shortened about 50%!!! This of course, doesn't mean labor is going to start in like the next two days or anything, but I am just so excited to see that there is progress from my body showing that it is preparing for the big day! Just in the past four or five days Tyler has started dropping (its visibly different) which I first noted when I realized my breast were no longer sitting on top of my stomach, so he is thinking about eventually coming out too!!!!!

The house is still a travesty, but there is progress. All the bottom cabinets are in, all cabinets on the right (fridge) side. Fridge and oven are in and working. Dishwasher is in, but not usable yet. Some/most of these new cabinets even have things in them! That means less random boxes all over in the office area!

I've been really working on Tyler's room to get it (back) in order after the showers, and today I feel like it has arrived finally! Technically there isn't a traditional changing pad and space on the dressing still, but hey that big bed can be used for lots of things if need be right? I just feel accomplished at getting it all cleaned, put away, closet cleared out of things that belong in other areas of the house. I put up his cute name sign on the door (totally makes it feel like the room "belongs" to him) and put up my old bulletin board and started a little art/collage project that needs more things added, but is for funsies, not stress. I may need a little assistance from Gram U to complete that. Maybe later today after I attend to other areas of the house I'll take some pics :) Today this mommy-to-be is feeling excited, can you tell??

3 comments:

The Iwen's: said...

I am so glad you are having a wonderful day!!! :o) xoxo I totally want to see new pics of Ty's door, room and the kitchen progress!

Sarah said...

Yeah progress!! Ava showed no signs of ever coming. I explained her role in moving things along for at least the last month and a half and she did NOTHING until the big day...slacker! I am so excited that before we know it we will get to see what this little kid looks like (beautiful I am sure) and hold him!!! Yeah!!!

Mama Rhi said...

haha I've had "talks" with Tyler too, so I am glad he seems like he might be listening! I keep telling him, "you know if you're starting to feel a little cramped in there, you could always come out, there's lots of room out here!"