Matt and I went to an appointment this morning (yes another one!) before he headed off for hunting and Token and I head for Newport. We talked about my birthing plan a bit, even though I forgot the "plan" that I filled out so that they could get a little peak and have it on file. The midwife we saw today was the only one that Matt and I hadn't liked as much as the others, but today we jived with her much better, which means we like them all now!
She was very nonchalant about the birthing plan thing, because she figures if you seek out midwives in the first place, you are probably some what of a go-with-the-flow gal and you have the benefit of a practitioner that will spend more of their time with you during labor than a traditional OB/GYN, so you don't need it as set on paper. I told her that I am mostly about flexibility and willing to try almost anything that appeals to me in the "moment" while I am in labor and she laughed and said that is her favorite thing to hear :) She guessed that he is between 5 3/4lbs and 6 lbs now and confirmed that his head is worming its little way into my pelvic bones...boy don't I know it!
I also got my new insurance card from the mail box just before my appointment, so I got to change my name with the clinic for my records and now I can send in my pre-registration for the hospital and Ty will officially be "baby boy Updenkelder" at the hospital, not James. I figure Uppy is just one more safe-guard to our baby not being mixed up with someone else's right?? hehehehe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did they seem to think anything had changed, did they say he was lower then last time or more dialated? Do they check the dialation for you each time? Mine never did unless you asked.
Post a Comment