Thursday, October 23, 2008

Progress of a Different Kind

Another appointment=another week without baby. So we started with a little talk about induction, but after she checked my cervix and found there is STILL no change, it's been decided we are not currently even ready to be induced (aka it probably wouldn't work at this point). My uterus is also measuring several inches small at this point. So the midwife we had today called in another midwife for a second opinion on how she felt about the size of my uterus, size of baby and amount of amniotic fluid. The concern was that if I don't have enough amniotic fluid that could possibly indicate the placenta beginning to call it quits. The second opinion found my uterus small as well, but thinks baby feels good, and they are very happy that I don't think I feel a change in frequency of movements that much (espeically since he moved when both of them were feeling him-I don't think he likes being poked and proded hehehe). I also got stretched again, which Tyler also reacted to, but hey do you like being poked in the head?

However, I regard our progress as such: on Monday we are going to have the non-stress test I mentioned previously and measure the amniotic fluid. And see if there is any change that could make induction seem more possible of suceeding.

No comments: