Friday, November 7, 2008

Little Update

This beautiful boy makes for some long nights. Night before last he nursed off and on for about 2 hours before I finally able to get him to sleep, in his carseat, downstairs with me on the couch.

Last night we did much better when Mommy Rhi broke her rule of no baby sleeping in bed with Mom and Dad in the interest of getting sleep. I also took my first night nap at about 7pm. So this morning I actually felt pretty good, but since 10am have started fading slowly. My mom left today, so we are on our own until tomorrow when Grammy Shu comes to stay for a bit.

I was worried enough about the feeling of my stitches that I called and talked to a nurse who wants me to take really, really hot little baths about 4 or 5 times a day. This is harder to accomplish than it sounds when life is set in about three hour increments. Happily when Sarah, John, Erik and Tiffani came over Thursday night, I got loan of a breast pump. Coordinating use of this, while making sure Ty got his fill, cleaning everything is something I will need a little time to get down right. I actually think this is part of the reason he nursed for such a long time Thursday night-I may have pumped to much to close to a feeding and left him a little high and dry. Balance and timing is key!

We've also had our first bath in our little tub this week and did not like it. Perhaps this is because mommy was so worried about making the water too hot that it wasn't warm enough. Baby doesn't like being cold :(

1 comment:

The Iwen's: said...

I think with time, bath time will become fun and relaxing for him...especially showering with you and/or Matty with nice low lights, maybe even candles or soft music...just bonding time will be special in the future! If you love water, they say babies usually end up feeling the same. I hope that is true for Ty! He is so cute all wet and clean!!! xoxo