Friday, December 12, 2008

Aunt Jenni!




Last weekend we were lucky enough to have Aunt Jenni fly up from SF for a quick baby fix. She found him to have grown to be much cuter in person than he is in pictures :) We also got to see Grammy who provided us with a Christmas tree! So for the first time in awhile, some Updenkelders got to decorate a tree together!

Jenni and I gave Tyler a bath together and he gave her bigger smiles than he has EVER given me or Matt, but it was awesome to see him so excited. She is so good at entertaining little ones, I wish I could soak some of that talent up to keep. Sunday morning when I was getting ready to pick her up from the airport, I had him hanging out in his portable crib and I turned on his mobile to entertain him, it was the first time he has actually looked at the animals spinning around-he got so excited! It is so amazing to watch his awareness grow!!!

Monday we went on an adventure with Erik and Colton to get the finishing touches for the guy's Lemons costumes, then met up with Anjie, her baby girl and mother for lunch at Blue Moon. I got to chase Colton all around the restaurant and taunt him with games of peek-a-boo that involved doggie noises. Then Erik had the excellent idea that he, Matt, Jenni, Ty, Colton and I go do wine tasting at Edgefield Winery since they are kid friendly. Awesome idea! (except for the part where my baby got hungry and I got to nurse in the backseat of the car).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am shocked you haven't got over modesty yet! You can nurse any where, or is that just me??

Mama Rhi said...

There wasn't anywhere for me to sit comfortably really, just stools. I'm not that confident about it yet, maybe a few more weeks and I will bare all!