Today Tyler is 1 whole month old! The sad part is that we've been battling both a sick Mommy since last Wednesday (thankfully Ty doesn't seem to be getting a cold), and a gastrointestinally distressed baby. Since about Wednesday or Thursday, he has been crying really hard after almost every feeding. Today Matt called a nurse in the pediatricians' office and I am going to stop eating dairy for a few weeks to see if that makes a difference. He also did some research and because I happen to be quite a milk over-producer right now, that is another reason that he could be a) getting more lactose from lots of foremilk b) doing extra gulping to keep up=more air swallowed
It is really sad and frustrating to watch him in pain, and see it happen multiple times a day. He has had his first tears over this and it breaks my heart and brings me to tears as well. Thank goodness Matt can stay level-headed through the crying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope you get the milk thing all figured out that doesn't sound like much fun. It seems strange that it is bothering him more now then it was before? If it is the over production problem maybe you could pump for a little while before feeding him? Good luck, hope you are both feeling better soon! Happy Birthday Ty!!!
You are a fantastic mother. Rest assured you are tending to him in the best ways possible and that you ARE helping him cope with the discomfort just being you :o)
Thank you! It really is a noticeable difference because it didn't bother him at all before. I guess it takes about 2 weeks to get all of the dairy out of your system, so we are just trying to deal until we see if that helps
Hey Rhi- I have been 90% dairy-free for about 2 years now.. If you want any help on food to eat, let me know. Milk is in a lot of things you won't think, and also some non-dairy products are DISGUSTING :-( But some are YUMMY!!! You got my email, let me know if I can help!
Post a Comment