Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleeping Update


For the past few nights we have successfully gotten Tyler to be fed only once during the night. I nurse him when he wakes around 2am, and when he wakes again, Matt has gone and rocked him back to sleep...without feeding! He says it takes about 15 minutes or so and he is making sucking motions, but is obviously still sleepy. Dare we dream that more sleep is on the way?!?! He has also been responding very well to his earlier bed time. For awhile, I would put him down more around 9 or even 10pm, thinking to give us the most sleep while he is sleeping. But as he is starting to sleep longer times, it is nice to have a little nighttime for ourselves and Tyler definitely is seeming ready for bed by 7:30. I am starting to feel the flow of things getting better.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow I am impressed! That is great. You guys are well on the road to more and more sleep! He is such a good boy and you are doing a great job training him! Ava pretty much just had us trained so that is super impressive!!

The Iwen's: said...

Yay! Your life with Ty is going to get much easier just as Aubrey and I are getting started :o) He is such a little cutie, I miss him so much. Can't wait to see you in exactly 1 month!!!