This morning five people got laid of at Matt's consulting firm. Right now, Matt is on a billable project, giving him immunity. But as soon as anyone's project ends and they are no longer billing hours, there is no safety. So we find ourselves in a situation that far too many people are facing right now. If I loose my job, what will my family do and how will we support ourselves? Nothing is yet set in stone, but we are currently weighing options and there could be some big changes coming in our lives within the next few months. We started discussing this a little last night on the drive home from Newport, and are trying to keep some positivitity about some of the options and needing to do what is smartest, if not the most comfortable.
I hate knowing that my job field is by far more stable than Matt's but I make barely any money at all, especially because looking at the schedule, I work three days a week or less. That is simply not enough to contribute much to the family.

As depressing as all of this can/might be, I want to cling to the notion that as long as I have my loving husband, our beautiful son and beautiful although annoying dog and we can be safe and healthy, we will be alright.
5 comments:
The love between you, Matt & Tyler will get you through ANYTHING. When it comes down to it there is nothing that really matters as long as you are together. That kind of happiness has a way of trumping all else. As far as the rest of the world and its problems I choose denial, it has always been my friend : )
Were going to be great!
Sounds like you have a plan. You will be missed.
I think it is awesome that you two aren't waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak, and are making the choices about your future yourselves! Life in Newport will be great for Tyler and having family so much closer is awesome too. Can't wait to come see you over there and do a bonfire on the coast or something to celebrate a new start!!! Love you all.
omg bonfire... YES!
Post a Comment