Sunday, March 29, 2009

SFO Trip


Tyler survived his first trip via airplane! Shirley and I went to San Francisco to visit Jenni and decided that we would try air travel instead of a 10 hour drive with the baby. He handled the plane better than I would have thought, though I wish he would have slept more. There were a lot of kids/babies on the plane, and Tyler did the best! Even the people around us commented on what a good baby he was. He was a little less agreeable on the way home, but still did quite well.

I got to see Jenni and Seth's flat for the first time in person, and I must say it is quite breathtaking. It is remodeled to the period (1920's) and even has a little view of the Golden Gate and a Museum from the living room. Tyler and I got to live in the large dinning room that formerly housed Anjie and Alesia.

Ty was a little out of his element, mostly in the form of napping. Or should I say the lack of proper, long naps left a cranky, worn out child who was much less portable than usual. Poor baby tried so hard to go with the flow, but he just kept reaching to his breaking point. Particularily hard for me was a nice walk we took Kiki on, through some gorgeous houses when Tyler had enough and wasn't just falling asleep in his stroller like I thought he would. Suffice to say nursing while carrying a 15lb child makes for sore arms!

We went to the California Academy of Science (and Industry) and I must say WOW. If you are in the bay area, this is a serious must see! I was one of the most amazing places I've ever been as far as museums, science centers and what-not. We really only spent time in two sections since we had Ty and we managed to just make it all work out before melt down. The lower level was all aquariums and Tyler found all the fish and colors and water absolutely fascinating! The three of us had so much fun watching him zone out and stare at all the fish. Maybe once we have a house again, some fish should join our household??? We also went up to the "living roof" which had some pretty amazing views of San Francisco (the roof is where we are in the pic with all of us).

The first day after getting home Tyler took 3.5 hour naps...he's been making up for lost time...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That picture of Ty looking at the fish makes me laugh every time I see it. You have got to print & frame that one!

The Iwen's: said...

Overall it sounds like a great trip. I am glad you got to get out of Newport and explore somewhere for a few days since being in moving mode and such for the past month or so!

Tyler is just so adorable still...of course! :o) Auntie Erin can't wait to hold him again soon! We get to trade babies...hee hee!