On Sunday I was taking a shower and Matt came in with a screaming Tyler. He opened the shower door and has a super worried look and told me "Tyler fell and you need to help me check him to see if he's ok"
Matt and Tyler were in the rocking chair and went too far backwards and ended up falling into the fireplace. Luckily, he didn't leave Matt's arms and never lost consciousness.
Tyler was screaming and had a red mark on his forehead and nose and then his little nose started bleeding from both sides. Grammy Shu got some ice, which of course, he hated. Nothing we could do could really get him completely calmed down, so we gave him a little Tylenol and decided to take him to the ER since this is the first time he has really gotten hurt.
He was still upset but calmed a little while we were there and after inspection, they said they felt he was okay because all his motor functions were good, and he never passed out. I had tried nursing him as a comfort at home, which he didn't go for, but tried again with some success at the hospital.
When we got him home, I was sure he would totally want a nap, but he stayed up for awhile, actually one of the longest spans ever-about 5 hours and then took a giant nap. He started smiling again, but didn't really want to be alone.
All in all, this was a difficult experience for Matt and I, but Tyler came out okay. Its hard to know that this is just the beginning, especially with a little boy who soon enough will be mobile on his own. I've already had several moments on my own that knocked me off my feet to realize how much I really love this little boy, and this was another. But this time, I got a chance to see if on Matt's face-I really love this baby.
4 comments:
Daddy fails! The poor little guy... I love you little man!
Poor daddy. These things happen. I turned around for half a second and tiny little I don't remember how old Ava slammed onto the floor off our bed which seems like miles off the ground when you are an infant. I felt so stupid and sorry and scared. She lived and now is the biggest dare devil I know. I don't know what is going to happen next but trust me this girl is in trouble. She wants to be higher and more on the edge and then jump up and down laughing. It is bad, very, very bad. Don't worry about Ty he is fine and will move on to more daring adventures that will leave us all worrying as he giggles away.
Accidents DO happen...Ty Ty is fine and tougher than ever! Glad he was okay to come visit us in Redding! :o)
ah geez Sarah now you have me really scared for what the future holds....but at least little boys like scars if they happen right? More to brag to the little ladies about...
Post a Comment