
Today we had an awesome family day. It was a gorgeous day (finally after all the stormy, really windy days-it seems the sun comes out when Matt comes home!), and we went fishing at Ollala Lake and then spent some time gardening as well. The lake is past a cute little golf course (the scene of Matt's "bachelor" party), and was so pretty and surrounded by green. I love Oregon!!! There was more people there than I would have expected for a Friday morning, but everyone was really into the quiet, calm fishing thing. Then we show up in a Mini, with a baby, and I'm sure they were wondering what are these people all about??? However, we gained acceptance when a guy showed up with a load of yelling, swimming kids. Our child was quite calm and quiet by comparison!
Tyler got to dip and splash his little feet in a lake for the first time! He really enjoyed being outside, but he does not like when it is really bright outside. Too bad I know he would take off little sunglasses, think its time to invest in a mini baseball hat?
We did a little work getting the rest of our starts into the dirt, and Matt did some of Grammy's hanging baskets for her (late Mother's Day). He is also planning to make us a small greenhouse that we can put our tomato plants in, so that they can get enough heat here on the coast. Token seems to think all the fresh dirt is especially laid out for him to dig and roll in.

2 comments:
Ahhh! Looks so nice! I am glad Rhi that you are finding the Newport area to be a pretty neat place....it doesn't hurt your hubby knows all the great spots! xoxo
there is NO shortage of natural beauty here!
Post a Comment