Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ona Beach






This week Tyler and I took a little trip south to Ona Beach. It was sunny, but very windy. Therefore we didn't spend much time on the beach itself, because I didn't want Ty to get sand blown in his face, or mine for that matter. There are a lot of fun pictures from this day, I'll try not to put too many :) It's amazing what beauty you can find within 10 miles of the city of Newport, as well as within the city itself.

Wishing Daddy was with us, just like he was wishing he was with us too! He helped us pick our destination all the way from Moses Lake!

Once we found a nice spot by Beaver Creek that was sheltered from the wind by the trees it was toasty warm and playing in the grasses brought back memories of playing at the city park in Mt. Shasta with my childhood best friend, Shari. I can just pick Tyler as a toddler and then child, dashing through the trees, digging in the sand...I've just got to do my part to get him some friends to have adventures with, so they aren't all with Mommy!

3 comments:

The Iwen's: said...

Oh, this is such a cute entry...love the writing in the sand to Daddy Matt! Really looking forward to spending beach time with you and Ty next month! :o)

Sarah said...

Never thought I'd be "Ona" beach... so cute, I think it is great that you fill him full of fun experiences, don't worry that they are "just" with you, you are his favorite person! Besides, soon we will be neighbors!!

Rhi said...

I can't wait for you and Aubrey to come play Erin!

Too bad we didn't have a boat! I'm so excited that soon you will be just within my grasp many, many weekends Sarah :)