So I took the plunge and signed up for two classes this summer. They are prerequisites for applying to the nursing program at Oregon Coast Community College. I shall spend my summer memorizing part of the body in Anatomy and Physiology and figuring out that hospital lingo in Medical Terminology.
I am really hoping that the two together won't be too much for this majorly-Mommy-brained-Mommy. But this is information that I will HAVE to know in order to become an effective nurse. The counselor that I talked with told me that the program has become much more competitive and gave me a breakdown of how they determine which students to take. A points system for classes taken, grades received. Extra points for a Bachelor's degree (yippie!), and some of these classes I have already taken at OSU. There is also an entrance exam for another portion of points. I have also been informed that my college math classes are so long ago, that I will have to take a math test to prove I can do algebra. Wow. That made me feel old.
Depending on how this all goes, I currently plan on applying in March for the program starting next fall. The program is two years, and then I would be able to sit for RN certification.
Wish me luck! And a great big Thank you to my wonderful, supportive husband for not only telling me I can do this, but also footing the bill currently....
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is great! I think this will be a great path for you. You can do it!!
Thanks Sarah!
Post a Comment