We met up with our close Portland friends at Sarah's Mom's new beach house in Lincoln City for several days of fun, beach, kids, debauchery. This awesome house has six room...so we had three families, with three kids total and a couple and everyone was comfy! Ty actually played in the sand for the first time, which he thought was okay. He took some pointers from Ava, and really got on that crawling thing so that I now feel I can proclaim that my baby is crawling! And then he started working on pulling up on the coffee table, and wants to walk with help!
It may seem funny that we live in Newport, a beach town and went to a beach town 30 minutes away for a "vacation." Let me tell you that another town, another house still provides that feeling, that escape. The beautiful simplicity of the house brought a peace with it for me. The sunsets and sunrises from the room we had (which I have dubbed the white room, being the only one with a white bed frame) left me with a quiet awe of nature. And the absence of homework for a chance to appreciate it again. Okay, not an absence, a deliberate leaving of homework behind.

We woke Ty back up to go down and see some firework, just people personal stuff on the beach. He found the colors and light somewhat amazing, but did not like the n
oise. I wonder what he will think next year?
1 comment:
I am so glad we all had such a great time, I too find it very relaxing there. We will have to do it again soon! Not to mention all the great photos that came out of it!! : )
Post a Comment