Monday, September 14, 2009

Potholes State Park





Gorgeous state park about 22 miles outside Moses Lake. Really driving through the corn fields to get to this one. The "potholes" are lots of small, rocky islands in this lake. To bad they aren't really within the park, but before it, where you can go fishing, but need a permit. It is so hard to really describe the awesome beauty out here, it feels like you are looking upon the moors in England and should be going home to Wuthering Heights.

We enjoyed some nice cheese and crackers with fruit while trying to wear Token out with some running. Then we tried to take a little walk along the shores...but started sinking into smelly mud that at parts looked like it was covered in layers of ancient mold. It reminded me of the fungal growth I had to filter (botrytis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botrytis_cinerea). And this also I believe begins, or continues Token's saga of finding something dead to roll in so that when we get back to the room, Tyler is not the only child that needs a bath before bedtime...

2 comments:

Anthony and Elizabeth said...

It seems like you guys had so much fun! I love the pics and descriptions. Anthony was on your blog first last night and told me all about the cute pic of Ty "driving", how adorable!! I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you next month! I can't believe my little Ty Guy is so much bigger. More of him to hug and kiss! xoxoxo

Mama Rhi said...

I think you will be blown away at how big he is!!!! Can't wait to see you and give River a little pat :)