Friday, October 23, 2009

Growing Up So Fast

Tyler is really interested in controlling the spoon and feeding himself. The first few times this was a total disaster. His skills are already building a little, but its a combination of fingers and spoon to get something in his tummy.

Tyler is also currently be weaned off of nursing. This was a giant failure at first, but all the sudden in the past few days he seems to be going along with it much better! It is such a weird sight for me to see him holding a bottle of milk all by himself, because bottle feeding isn't something that he has ever needed to do much of. And if he was drinking from one, it probably meant I wasn't there. I was just going to put the milk in a sippie cup, but he is much more receptive to the bottle for this drink, and likes it a little warm. In some ways I am ready to be done nursing, because I am hoping to not be starving all the time and so dehydrated.....but it has been such a sweet and wonderful experience I am a little sad that it is coming to an end.

No comments: