

Last week Token and I got to spend a little quality time just the two of us. It amazing how easy it is to remember he was my beloved "first" son and best buddy before Tyler's arrival. And that I don't give him nearly enough credit for what a (mostly) good dog he is, especially given that he is a 3 and a half year old Jack Russel. That's practically like still being a puppy for his breed. We ran, we walked, he chased seagulls. We were out there for a little over an hour and Token loved every minute of it...until I got him in the sink to wash off all the sand. He got to be off his leash most of the time since there were a relatively small number of people out, and he's pretty easy to steer clear of other dogs if you just entice him with running. The ocean here is more beautiful during the winter, more turbulent, more interesting. Expect for the last stretch back, it was even warmer than I thought it would be once I had been running for just a few minutes. This is something I need to find a way to fit into our time more often!
1 comment:
Good dog, good dog owner.
Post a Comment