Friday, June 18, 2010

Sunshine!





The sun is finally coming out to play a little more often up here. Its been really teasing us this spring/beginning of summer with one day of wonderful weather here, gray cold and windy there.

One thing that returns with summer? The presence of some of my favorite people to the beach house in Lincoln City. Here is Ava, Tyler and Abby on the beach, then the naked toddlers before we got their sandy selves into the bath.

Its amazing how much 25 miles away from home can feel like a quick little vacation! I think they find it amusing and a little strange that we don't go to the beach more often. I used to think the same thing before I moved to Newport. Turns out the day-to-day stuff of life seem to get in the way more than you would think or want. So a little day trip to LC is like an awesome step away to beach fun and friends where you aren't faced by needing to cook, clean and feel so totally responsible!



I finally got Tyler some sunglasses and I've convinced to him wear them upon similar principles as hats. Convincing him that it is SUPER handsome to do so. Plus it must be cool to wear sunglasses since Mommy and Daddy do it all the time :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pictures! I think your camera kicks my camera's ass. Maybe next time you can teach me how to use mine :) I think I lost "beach" setting for good. I refuse to read my manual, not sure why.

It was great seeing you guys, we LOVE hanging out with you and there is just something about God's huge sandbox that is just the best play place ever!