Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Summer Flies By...

I feel like every year the summers get shorter and shorter once you've entered "adult life." Gone, it seems are lazy days, endless evenings of pearly dusk...if you are lucky there are fun outdoor activities and wonderful moments where you look at your little person and see the world all over again.

On the less awesome days there is everything that is found in the other seasons: work, laundry, bills and broken technological devices.

I know this sounds a bit whiny, but although I don't work full time, I feel like my summer has been swept away on work-particularly once I began to work predominantly at the aquarium cafe. Its like high school and often like those serving nightmares where you just can't keep up. I am thankful that is coming to a close soon as we move towards fall. I want to say I am ready for a little slow down, but that depends on which classes I get into this fall! Yes, I am still pursuing nursing school even though I got denied the first time around.

Tyler has been switched to a new daycare as his was closed when the FDIC stepped in and said that they didn't like the idea of a bank owning a daycare. He seems to have made the transition well enough, even if I'm not as in love with it as his previous care.
IMG_0033

Matt is very involved with our house in Toledo. Really, all I've done is pick some interior choices and start dreaming about new decor while he gets permits, moves dirt and gravel, gets things to grade and such. Well, I did help pick out the deck material, too :)

Token is in heaven any time he gets to ride along to Toledo and go play in the dirt. He does, however get spoiled on this and then gets quite discontent over staying at home during work days.

IMG_6274

No comments: