Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Here......

Third Trimester!
{here's the bump!}

I took my glucose tolerance test and blood tests last Friday, and repeat ultrasound the week before that. My lab tests weren't mentioned at my appointment on Monday, so either they look good, or they didn't get the results yet LOL. But, I'm very happy to know that my (our) placenta has moved away from my cervix and up the uterine wall as it is supposed to. At 20 weeks, it was close enough to my cervix for them to be unsure if I might have a partial placenta previa. It is now 6.53cm away, well beyond the limit for a vaginal delivery, not putting us in danger of hemorrhage and not having to think about being put on bed rest! My midwives are very happy with the size and all ultrasound results of the baby, heart rate and growth measurements of my uterus. My blood pressure is doing awesome and so is my weight gain.


We are finally starting our OB section of learning in nursing school, which is really fun for me-not only as I am a living, breathing example of what we are talking about, but because this is still the area I think I am going to be the most passionate about. We do our rotations in Labor and Delivery/OB next term!!!

I had such high hopes and dreams of really enjoying this pregnancy, because the last involved a lot of working, and we are planning that this is the last. Yes, nursing school has shot that to hell, but I'm trying to enjoy some of the bright aspects when they come. The newest thing I am trying to let myself take joy in is how many people tell me how cute my belly is and how good I look. I don't feel like I look very different than I did carrying Tyler, but I often saw people looking at me with this look on their face like I was a freak and they had never seen a baby bump in their life. Perhaps being around more medical professionals helps this??? The point is that I've been trying hard not to let myself get too stressed (because I don't want the baby feeling all that or putting us at any health risks), and I've been eating even better than I did with Tyler, so I'm going to take the positive reinforcement I'm getting and run with it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You look gorgeous!! I'm so excited to meet this little mystery baby!