On April 30th, Tyler got to be in his first parade. Newport has an annual Loyalty Day Parade, and the Student Nurses usually have a float. This year our theme tied to a fundraiser that was held the next day at the fire station to raise money for kids with cancer. There was a lot of waiting around for the parade to start, which Tyler handled quite cheerfully....with lots of walking around, petting 4-H dogs and checking out other floats. Over and over and over. With me and my big belly chasing him around. Needless to say, I was overjoyed when the parade started, my kid was contained on a float and I got to rest a bit. Some of the other students laughingly commented on how they could tell how many minutes had passed each time Tyler and I made a lap around the parking lot :)
Well Tyler re-discovered his love of bubbles. Hard core. I think he went through about 4 tubes of bubbles, blowing them to the crowd. Daddy had been away working for a few days, so we were excited when he walk/ran up to the float, hopped on a joined us!
This was totally one of those things that seems pretty dorky, okay it IS dorky, but good company and watching your child love it makes it just an awesome experience and memory :)
No comments:
Post a Comment