Crazy for taking a trip a few hours away with a 2 weeks old and a two year old. Crazy. I think I barely left the house Tyler's first month of life. The way there: painful. Many stops. Diaper blow outs, ruined outfits, whining. Beautiful scenery, lovely conversations with 2 year old about every single thing we passed.
{this was the cheerful beginning, when hopes were high!}

Once we were there? Tyler kicked Seren because she was crying a little while he was trying to watch cartoons and relax after the long drive?!?! Mommy heart=totally shattered. Oh yes, and more poop too.
Unfortunately, Matt had to work about 3x as much as he originally thought he had to, which meant we actually stayed an extra night. I was super bummed that he had to work so much and only got to spend a little time with us, but he was there for the most important part-the trolley ride! And since this was a work trip...minimal harm was done to the checking account :)
{he LOVES playing with Daddy!}
Activities: awesome park, playing down on the waterfront, riding the Trolley. And lots of baths-all that poop and dirt and salt air, you know.
{Trolley!}
{stop 3,457: Tyler's first time at a McDonald's play structure; I just used them for play and potty hehehe!}


The ride back brought us to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and Tyler's biggest bowl of ice cream ever. He was sooo happy. Then there was a tummy ache. But at this point we were segregated by sex, and the drive home went much smoother and faster than the way up!
{I'm nursing Seren in the car while the boys throw rocks. I wish I had more hands and a better camera for this scenery, it would have been awesome to get some more shots of Tyler here}

I am told by an older, wiser woman with 5 children that when I look back I'll just remember the good parts, or the bad parts (like Tyler kicking Seren) won't seem so heart-wrenching. There will just be fondness, softness, sweetness. Please, please Amy, I hope you are right! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment