Monday, October 8, 2012

Being a Nurse

What a ride it has been so far. Overwhelming, humbling, exciting, amazing. Orientation to Samaritan as a system was an overwhelming amount of paperwork and information to take in. I felt so fortunate to be in the company of friends. Even better was to reach the second week and meet up with our classmates that score the new grad spots in Lincoln City!

Six students from my class are Samaritan employees; five out of six "new grad" spots for Newport and Lincoln city are taken by my classmates. Super proud of us if its not obvious :)

I spent my first two weeks "on the floor" on acute care. Explosion of experiences on top of having four different mentor nurses in six shifts. I tried to roll with the punches and got really good reviews, but wish I had progressed a little further.

This week I'm in OTC: out patient treatment where they do wound care, blood transfusions, chemo ect. Saw some vacuums that get attached to wounds to help them heal today!

No comments: