

Ornaments made, cookies decorated, carols sung at school. Oh and three rounds of "gingerbread" houses made of graham crackers constructed. Such a busy time of year. I think we did a better job of being proactive on getting the "stuff" in a quicker manner and not waiting so close to the due date, which decreased some anxiety…one thing that has been nagging me is the responses I've gotten when I ask people "how was your Christmas?" Things like, "I (barely) survived," "…got through it," "glad it's over," "sorting through the stuff bomb…"
Really. How disheartening is this? And the internal struggle to make my kids happy and get things they desire and yet impress upon them wonder for other magics-time spent with family, the higher than normal consumption of those sugary goodies, the fun of decorating a tree together and seeing it sparkle…and my own desire to get to a Christmas Eve service that I don't seem to make it to.
Here's hoping to keep swimming towards a more joyful, less stressful, less stuff-ful Christmas that you don't need to recover from…



No comments:
Post a Comment