Monday, June 9, 2008

No Wine For Prego

Strangers are finally starting to take notice!(other than just the one guy at Napa). Last week Matt and I went out to dinner in Sellwood since we are house-sitting an absolutely gorgeous house here. It was a nice Italian restaurant, and the guy who sat us appeared to be the owner. He asked if we'd like anything from the bar, I looked at Matt and he ordered a beer. He then smilingly looked at me as I said "I'll just take water" and said, "well I wonder why that is?" as I he and I simultaneously pointed at my tummy. Our waiter was kind enough to check that all the cheeses in the cheese plate Matt unthinkingly ordered (you're not really supposed to eat soft and especially not un-pasteurized cheeses for those who don't know)were pasteurized.

When I was being introduced to some of the people at the various labs in St.V's, one lady carefully asked me if she was seeing a little baby bump, and the ladies in the lab I am training in like to proudly pronounce it to some of the expecting moms we have as clients or moms with young kids. I had a girl 39 weeks pregnant with her second child, a girl, that asked if I could please traumatize her enough to put her into labor?

Matt even says that I am getting to the "cute" phase :)

No comments: