Baby Uppy took his first trip abroad when he joined mom and dad for our honeymoon to Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico. As recommended by several of Matt's co-workers, we chose a relatively small surfing town about 30 minutes outside Puerto Vallerta.
The beauty of Mexico really is stunning, especially when you rent a three story house from which you can see the town, the ocean, and the green hills. Matt particularly enjoyed sitting on the third floor terrace and watching the storms roll in (as it is storm season for Mexico). We got to see tons of lightning, setting suns, and lightning bugs(a first for me!)
Our house had two outdoor showers, which was pretty neat, except when the manager of the house showed up to do some outside cleaning while I was in the shower, among other moments.
The people in Sayulita are pretty nice, quite laid back, and most can speak English, or Spanglish. There was lots of yummy food, beach to walk. Lots of stray dogs, which I didn't expect, but they are all really docile.
We spent our last day before leaving on a crazy chartered boat excursion with an alcoholic captain. But it was awesome, snorkeling, getting to see really rare birds, going through ocean/bay caves on an island and meeting some good people. Down side: Matt and I did really, really well with sunscreen and avoiding sunburn...until a day on a boat with sun reflecting off the water, cheap sunscreen and closer to the equator climate than Oregonian sun can handle. We got crispy. It was and still is painful for both of us, Matt especially....at least it was at the end of the trip.
The climate, was obviously hot. So while it was gorgeous, and we had fun, it wasn't the most ideal for a pregnant woman begining her third trimester. My feet and ankles swelled up everyday, which is something I've never experienced before. I got so hot, I felt faint sometimes...d
The best part was getting to spend so much time with Matt, all to myself, all day long. I am happy to say that he still remains my favorite person in the world, just as I felt when we were first dating. He was so sweet, getting me ice for my swollen feet, and going to buy me dinner when I just couldn't walk anymore (and dessert!). I was reminded all over why I love him, how lucky I am, and yeah for getting married!
More honeymoon pics on our flickr; we are gloria2002mcs (aka our flickr account is named after our mini cooper).
1 comment:
Gosh it sounds so nice...and the water looks relaxing! So glad you had a memorable trip and so much quality time together. Love is good!
Post a Comment