Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Discomfort

This evening, before I started cooking dinner, I took Token for a walk. A walk that I had to cut a little short when, of course, my feet started hurting. More importantly, my tummy really started to hurt. By the time we got home, I was in some serious pain. I had such intense gas pains that I actually had a moment of panic that if I could barely tolerate these gas pains, how am I supposed to actually give birth?!?!?! I guess its a good thing there are drugs, right?

My sleeping has gotten even lighter if thats possible. Although I spend usually 9 hours in bed "sleeping" each night if schedule permits, its light and disturbed easily enough (also multiple pee trips) that I still wake up tired. Strangely, Matt and I both were awake much earlier than we needed to be this morning, wide awake, talking, watching TV. So when I ended up falling back asleep later, it may have been the soundest sleep I got all that "night" so I felt pretty good this morning. Until I started eating lunch and had to stop when I thought I was going to lose what I had just eaten all over Token and the couch! What a roller coaster!

2 comments:

The Iwen's: said...

Getting little sleep now might actually be a good thing in preparing you for after baby...I average 3 pee trips a night and already feel like laying on my stomach isn't comfy. Boo for poor sleeping!!!

Mama Rhi said...

Everyone says that and I think its flawed logic!!! I want to rest for the last time in a few years instead!!!