Saturday, August 16, 2008

Latest Appointment News


I brought up the multitude of contractions at our appointment on Friday. Including the fact that they were consistently five minutes apart for at least and hour and a half on Thursday. With copious amounts of water and lots of sitting around with feet up and no work. After describing them, the midwife felt that it was alright, and we all basically agreed that my body is trying to tell me something. Less stress, slow down, less work. But she did check my cervix just to make sure the it was still closed, isn't shortening or getting soft. Which it is not, it is still holding strong, but she said it is just starting to tilt forward from my back.

The worst part of the appointment (well, the cervical check part was not comfortable) was that the nurse made me check the scale, which I had stop doing so that I would stop obsessing about my weight as long as they were happy with my progress. She felt the need to point out that I gained 10lbs in one month. Gee thanks for pointing out that I gained about twice what I needed in the past month. I'm sure a wedding and honeymoon to yummy tasting Mexico didn't help. So I got to meet a new midwife through tears as Matt tried to calm me down. She said to focus on my total gain, which is still good and that a good number of women gain more in the second trimester and then really taper of in the third trimester. But this is when Tyler is gaining all his weight. Sigh, I actually packed a bag and planned on going to the gym after work today since usually Saturdays are slow and I get to leave early. But I didn't and my back and pelvic area were screaming by then end of my shift.

I also did my glucose tolerance test finally, so I got to drink the "flat sprite" tasting lemon-lime and Matt and I got to go to the diagnostic center and wait until the full hour was up to have my blood drawn. They also check again for anemia at this blood draw, so we will see what the results look like at the next appointment. We are actually far enough along that we will now have appointments every two weeks instead of four. In another month, we should have them every month!!

No comments: