Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Crib!!!!


So the unpredictable nature that is currently me had a bit of a melt down to Matt about feeling anxious about getting things done...again. The kitchen remodel I am now leaving all to him, and I am not going to worry about it anymore. He knows I just want it done before we have Tyler. Our wedding thank yous are about 90% done and about 80% have gone in the mail already. We just need to sit down and finish the rest, and now that I have been lucky enough to actually have a member of the male species help with this often left-up-to-the-woman task, I really don't want to go it alone. The other biggies are a crib and a car seat. So he said lets just go pick out our crib. Even though he had already said he wanted to play his new video game that Mark and Richard gave him as a wedding gift. We got in the car and headed to Babies R Us and perused the stock on hand, since we had already looked a little online and the crib that Matt really like did not have very good reviews. After looking at the options of ugly, expensive, cute but non-convertible and convertible, we compromised. We picked a black Wendy Bellisimo crib that converts to a toddler bed and a kid bed, but was less expensive than some of our other choices that had soft wood, or really didn't seem like they were worth $400. We also picked out a mattress and some mattress covers (with little sheep on them!)

Matt successfully put the crib together and then it wouldn't fit in the bedroom door....so he got to take it mostly apart and reconstruct it in Tyler's room. But low and behold...we have a crib in Tyler's room!!! Our ability to purchase a brand new crib is courtesy of Grandma Shirley so I hope she likes what we picked! Now I need to work on how to best arrange everything in the room since Matt should be bringing me a rocking chair tomorrow from Newport...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the crib you picked out! I was just telling Matt that I was a total freak about needing to have and set up the crib ahead of time as well as the stroller and carseat. There was NO WAY I was waiting for a baby shower I NEEDED it right away to feel any sense of calm.

j said...

it looks great in the room! nice choice, you guys. i'm getting so excited to meet my nephew!

Mama Rhi said...

Sarah, I think I feel just like you! It really does make me feel better just to have it, and have it set up in the room. Even with no bedding :D

Jenni, I can't wait for Christmas with a baby this year!