Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week 33, How we are feeling

Tyler-I feel so lucky to be having you, and that as much as we can tell so far, you are healthy. But I openly admit that our third trimester is harder than I thought it would be. I felt lucky that my supervisor was scheduling me for 6 hour shifts instead of 8 hours because at first the difference of two hours was making a big difference in how we felt. The emotional roller coaster you have me on right now has bigger dips and loops than when you first joined me, which I hadn't really counted on. I just realized this week that I've never been a phlebotomist without being pregnant.

The way the lab has been, I'm sure you feel my stress and my body is stuck with increasing discomfort. The back pain is really starting to kick in, even as I try to maintain something that resembles posture, a heavy basketball in the front makes that hard, as does needing to kneel over peoples' arms to draw blood. One of my co-workers commented yesterday that he doesn't think pregnant women should have to work...right now, I agree with that! All we want to do is sleep (mostly me) and eat (mostly you). My hips are starting to hurt, even when I am sleeping on a comfy bed surrounded by pillows. I spend most nights sleeping in your room right now so that I can surround myself with pillows and escape daddy's snoring in my light sleeping state. If I can't find just the right amount of supporting for this fast growing belly, it starts to ache terribly bad. I am starting to feel more puffy, I can't always get my rings on and off as easily as I should and this makes me very aware of my ankles and feet even when I have the luxury to sit. You are also quite insistent when we get hungry, yes, I am aware when we need food, mommy just gets tired of eating :)

After this week, we only have 4 more weeks to work, then maybe you'll be ready! I got a fortune from our chinese food that said I would start a new, significant relationship in the next month....could it be you little Tyler Tot???

No comments: