Our monitoring went well today. Tyler gets and A+ from the midwife for movement and heart rate response to movement and contractions. We only had to be hooked up for about half an hour for them to decide he was just fine in that capacity.
The ulrasound revealed a "12" for amniotic fluid, and as long as you have at least a "7" you're doing fine. The most exciting part of the fluid test was getting another ultrasound and seeing that Tyler looks MUCH more like an actual "baby" than the last time we had a peak (18 weeks and 5 days). I even saw his little face turn towards the probe and saw fat little cheeks, eyes (that looked like they were looking at me!) a nose and outline of a mouth. I think my heart stopped for a second and I almost started crying because it was so amazing!
When my cervix was checked...drumroll please! I am 1.5 almost 2 cm dilated and my cervix is shorter than before. While this is not as exciting as say 3 or something (which I really didn't expect anyways) I am very happy to finally hear there was a change!!!
After a little debating on whether to induce sooner or later, Matt and I have another appointment Thursday for the same testing to continue reassuring that he is not in distress and requiring assistance immediately. Then we have an appointment at the hospital Friday night to administer medicine to help soften my cervix so that we can be induced on Saturday morning. It was a little hard to not give in a beg for induction on Wednesday or Thursday just to get it over with. But when I asked Matt what he wanted to do, he reminded me that since the beginning, I have not wanted to be induced unless totally necessary. So even though I said I would at least give him 10 days, he is actually going to get more. As long as he is okay, I want to let him come when he's ready, even if the waiting is hard for Matt and I. And especially my body. But this way, we get an endpoint set for us to look forward to, and if it comes to that we will know that we gave our little boy ample time to do it on his own. Sunday would be 42 weeks, and really no one should go over 42 weeks because your placenta shuts down anyways, right?
So there we have it, this weekend for sure, we have a baby!!! And if it is this weekend, Tyler gets to share November as his birth month with his daddy and his grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't know I still have a feeling he will make an appearance before then. I am thinking Halloween, they seem to like Holidays. He is just testing you! It is a good decision to wait it out and see if he will come on his own I think it will make the labor easier? Who knows? At least your giving him the chance to do it on his own, I think he is trying to give Matt the chance to finish the kitchen. He doesn't want to enter into any tension : )
I agree with sarah...I hope and think he may come on his own before the weekend. Each day the probability goes up that he is going to come out...come on Tyler, bust a move!!! :o)
Thursday would be good for Grandpa Green's Birthday!!!
can we get a pic? 42 weeks must be pretty Fn awfull. I only went 40 but crap it plain old hurts at the end. Good Luck!
Squeeeeelllll! We get to meet little baby Tyler finally! Hang in there and I cant wait for the phone call from Matt!
do I really need a picture? I've been consoling myself with ice cream...
Please?... It is beautiful common...
Post a Comment