Sunday, December 28, 2008

Racing

After many problems, failed starts and a lot of money, everyone made it to the race in Willows. Hardest obstacles: include two trucks plus a tractor stuck in a snowy driveway while trying to get the loaded truck with camper, parts car and race car down the driveway to leave Portland; major train delays in Michigan = missed flights = Erik, Tiffani and Colton flying into Sac and calling out to car forums for help getting them to Willows. But where there is a will, there is a Lemons Race...

Some of the best themed cars included the BiPolar Express with train and Santa on top, a safari car with zebra hair, two different types of cars welded into one. Quite a trip. The more cars that broke or were eliminated for other reasons unknown to me, the faster the remaining cars zoomed around the track. I admit I didn't get to watch as much of it as I would have without a small baby to watch, but I was happy to have the company and extra hands of Auntie Erin! She and Jeremy had such a good time the first day, the ended up staying to the end of the race and even offering to take myself, Matt, Ty, Erik, Tiff and Colton in for the night so that after a full day we didn't have try to drive home or pay for a room. Thank you to such wonderful friends!

Sadly, too many black flags for Free Range Racing ended the race for the flower-powered MR2 before the end of the race, but I think everyone would be willing to do it again, in fact, some of the ladies are thinking it might be fun for us to do our own car :)

No comments: