Friday, February 27, 2009

Denial

Walking around the park today I was trying to put myself in denial. Denying that for three of the four of us, moving is coming really soon. Throughout my pregnancy I pictured walking and playing in the park and this area with Token and Tyler as Tyler grew up. When he was a newborn, he just slept when we took walks, like the outside world was just too much to take in-funny, that's what Token seemed to think of it as well when he was a puppy!

When I was buying him the outfits to fit 18months, I realized that I can't really picture our life when he will be that age because I just don't know where we will be...so I picture Ty and Token running after the cows in Siletz :) It's as comforting and boyish and I can rely on.

I will miss getting to remain in the house that watched our family grow, but look to my son's laughter to help fill this tiny hole.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Reading that made me very sad...I told John yesterday that we will have to have you come stay with us, he said yeah of course, make her bring the xbox. : ) But even without your xbox, you are welcome anytime!!

We also look forward to spending weekends at the beach with you : )

I always embrace denial I think that is why it still hasn't sunk in with me that you are actually leaving :(

The Iwen's: said...

Hummm, this blog post got me thinking...I don't really picture Aubrey here at our house much at all...a little this summer in the blue kiddie pool we have, sharing it with the pups and a little in her room but that's about it. Mostly I pictured her at preschool getting dropped off/picked up in those cute little outfits I have bought her...now that is probably out the window with my job. I am trying to picture her at my parents with the chickens and in the garden but honestly that is a ways away.

Try to be thankful that you have loved your location and home enough to really leap into all those thoughts like that...you will have it again. I am still waiting to have it the first time!

The great news is, the kids are happy and content anywhere! Children on the beach is a great thing...just wait and see how adorable Ty looks bringing you a seashell or smooth rock he finds... :o)