Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Zoo Trip


Today was Tyler's first trip to the zoo outside of the womb. He definitely didn't like it as much as I thought that he would...but it was 40 degrees outside and it even started snowing lightly by the time we decided the kids were done. I tried to feed him before we left, since breastfeeding while wearing multiple layers, one of those a sweatshirt, isn't really that easy. But no. Instead, to my discomfort and slight disgust, we ended up nursing in the bathroom, with me using many paper "hats" to cover the seat after he kept up the crying through the marine life. He smiled so broadly at him when I strapped him into his carseat, like he knows we are now in the warm car, headed home.

It was fun to see the baby elephant, who didn't really look that different, but apparently has gained 900lbs since we've seen him in October?!?!

I do have a pic of us, as does Sarah, so I may edit this post later to enhance with pictures of our adventure!

No comments: