Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hmm....

Monday night, Matt was trying to console a crying Tyler and after several minutes I looked over at him and said, "what do you need Tyler, do you want to nurse?".....

And he stopped crying and smiled!

So was it just the sound of my voice and me giving him attention, or is he already able to clue in on those really important words...like nursing, eating, bathtime, and bedtime???

Hmm....babies really are amazing when you think of how fast they start changing and growing. Its easy to see from the outside that an infant is thriving physically, as they gain weight. But more amazing is the when you can look in their eyes and see that the wheels are turning, and realize that instead of just staring blankly they are taking the world in and analyzing it. Before your very eyes their range of emotions flourishes and they start becoming people!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

our baby is amazing!

Sarah said...

So crazy true! I am, and was from an early age, amazed at how much Ava knows. She talks in complete jiberish and seems to understand EVERYTHING! It is so strange and awesome. Just wait, you are really in for it and "it" is unbelievable!! Tonight I was saying all kinds of words and phrases I am sure I have heard her say before and each one she would repeat pretty clearly looking quite proud...