

We had a little Easter in Newport without Matt as he was in Portland to take a class for his next job, and then Tyler, Token and I headed to Portland to spend Easter with Erik and Sarah's family. Tyler got a basket from Mama, Grammy, Grandma and Auntie Jenni! What a lucky boy. There are lots of squeaky bath toys, bunny ears, books, socks and really adorable safari animal knobs to go on his dresser.
This family event involves everyone getting an egg dyed, with their name on it, that is hidden in the woods and you must find it. Even if it is pouring, which it was. There was also an egg toss, which involved raw eggs, not cooked ones!
Unfortunately, Mama Rhi has decided I need to stay home for awhile. I think I have been picking up and going maybe a little more than I should lately. I feel exhausted and just don't feel totally like myself. I don't really feel like I am that sociable or fun to be with right now. At least I come with a cute baby, right? He goes back and forth from doing well begin taken here and there, to not so much. It is hard for me to admit that as much as I love being a Mommy and I love Tyler more than I ever dreamed, I don't feel as graceful or all powerful to keep it all together as perfectly as I wished and hoped that I would. I have to remember I am human, and that at the end of the day, if I feel like I've met Tyler's basic needs and made him as happy as I can, I am doing okay...Tyler did burst into a big smile when he got out of the car and saw we were home, there's Grammy and there is my crib!
This short trip also allowed me to meet my former co-worker, Sarah's little boy, Alexander. He was pretty sleepy, but super cute and looks a lot like his daddy.
2 comments:
You did seem not yourself, don't worry you are doing great! This stuff isn't easy, and Tyler is getting all the love and attention he could ever want. You are just putting too much pressure on yourself. You are a strong woman who can do anything, you will feel that way again once you settle back into your routine. Chaos has a way of making you just feel off, its not you it is just being thrown off your groove. All moms think they should be doing something more or better, YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!!
Going from Redding to Ptown basically back to back was too much after all the transition and such that you have already been coping with lately. Hang in there and your right, stay home a while. :) We are coming to YOU next! xoxo I love you so much and you are a fantastic mommy, no doubt about it.
Post a Comment