Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another First


First rice crackers! Apparently, most babies have had cheerios by now, but I'm a bit paranoid about wheat allergies because we do have one in the family. So I kept scouring the stores here for an alternative, and yesterday I found it! Thin, melt in your mouth rice crispy things with veggies in them! He mostly sucked on it, and when the portions from around his hand were gone, he wasn't quite sure how to just open his fist and produce the rest. Instead he thought eating through his hand was the way to go!

I can't believe how fast he is growing up, he's so big, vocal, mobile and funny. Even though he hasn't quite mastered crawling forward, he can wiggle and turn and roll to where he wants to go. He chatters quite a lot, and has added clear "dada" and once something that almost sounded like "baby" to his vocab. I'm working on dog now :) since I know how he loves them. I am also working on baby sign language, I just need to keep with it, be consistent enough for him to make the connections. He sure acts like the understands "milk" already....

No comments: