Sunday, June 28, 2009

While The Mice Are Away...

Last week the men folk went on their annual float/fishing trip in eastern Oregon, and Grammy celebrated the end of the school year with a trip to California. So Ty and I had three dogs and a house to ourselves! And we had a lot of firsts...

Unfortunately, he had his first cold. He had a runny nose and a cough, and was much sleepier than usual. He actually went back to taking three naps a day for about three days, which allowed this sick Mama to get some extra rest in as well.

Onto the brighter firsts...
He got his first tooth! He wasn't as fussy as I thought, though I know subsequent teeth could fair worse. But I noticed it during his cold, so he was already not feeling well, tired, a little grumpy, and clingy to Mama anyways. It is on the bottom left (his left) and is SHARP!


I decided that if he was old enough for a tooth, maybe it was time I let him play in the dirt like a "real" boy! I was trying to add some carrots to the garden, so I plunked him down next to me and let him play around. He was pretty mesmerized by rubbing his hands in the rich garden, and yes he even tried eating some. And of course, we immediately got in the bath afterwards :D I also took him to the Siletz river to play in the rocky gravel one afternoon, but he was a little less excited because he just wasn't feeling that great.








I took him in the hot tub for the first time. He really likes swimming and baths, and the pool at 85 degrees often feels cool. So I we took a dip in the middle of the day when the heater is off, so that it didn't get him too hot, but was much more comfortable than the pool. He was in heaven!!! Ty was so excited and loving it that he was hard to hold on to!

He also got in his little pool for the first time, but it was a bit windy, so it wasn't a long event. Token looked like he wanted to jump in with him...but maybe that was because there was a rubber duckie involved.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Before we know it he will be chasing Ava and Colton! They grow up sooo fast!

The Iwen's: said...

Yay for playing in the dirt. When my bro and I were little my brother put a huge spoonful of dirt on his own tongue and then ran to my mom blaming ME for doing it?!?! Ahhh, the memories! :)